Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Don't Try This at Home!!!!



We had a little field trip today, in spite of the downpour.  We made our way to our local community college for a performance of the Peking Acrobats.  Now, although this was not an official 4H outing, we considered it part of our Share the Fun project.  In fact, we were supposed to have a practice for our skit right after this experience, but it did not work out.  This still gave the boys an opportunity to look at stage presence and simple props. 

The performance was amazing!  It is hard to believe all the things these performers accomplished.  I wish I could have taken pictures but it would have been too dangerous to have flash photography during the performance.  So, I have found some pictures of what we saw on line so you could see some of their acrobats.  It would have been almost as interesting to take pictures of the boys watching the performance.  Our youngest was especially transfixed to the stage.  I don't think he blinked once.  At one point in the performance, a man stacked chairs on top of each other and performed flips.  I was a little concerned that he might want to try some these acts when he got home, so I bent over and asked him it he wanted to try it.  He quickly said no as he continued to watch every move that was made!



Some of the other acts the boys enjoyed were the dragon performers and the men jumping through the hoops.  There were also women performing but I guess those acts were too subdued for the boys' taste because they did not mention any of these as their favorites.  However, I was especially impressed by the umbrella twirling (how fitting for today!).  

Also the boys liked the bicycle act at the end of the show.  However, I wanted to laugh because it reminded me of the children's book, Bears on Wheels.
 


The Chinese instruments and their performance was almost as interesting as the acrobats.  I wish we would have had time to ask them questions after the performance.

A great show!  I will just have to blog about our 4H Share the Fun next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment