Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Week in Review

It has been a busy 4H week but I have not taken a lot of pictures.  I decided to post just so I would not forget all of our fun even though it might not be of much interest for most.

Last Monday, we had an Entomology meeting and the boys learned about different orders:

Dermaptera
Isoptera
Psocoptera
Phthiraptera
Hemiptera
Thysanoptera
Homoptera
Neuroptera
Coleoptera

I had to pull Sean out early so I could get him to the monthly County Council Meeting.

Then we had a parent meeting on Tuesday to discuss next year.  Our long time, much loved Club Manager will be leaving us next year!  Her youngest is moving on to college and that along with family obligations are taking her away from us.  We will miss her terribly!  So, we talked about a new manager.  As much as I would like to take this on, I know I am not the right one for this job at this time.  We then found that another mom will be taking the position.  Brenda, we look forward to a new adventure with you as our leader!

We also discussed our club end of the year event in May.  This is the night we review the year and give out project awards. We will be having a potluck dinner and it looks like it will be a formal event!  This should be interesting...more details to come!

This was followed by a Share the Fun practice.  I watch the 4Hers as they try so hard to get it all together.  I hope we can make this happen in the next 3 weeks.  I am sure you will hear more about this as the event gets closer.

Yesterday was another Monday of Entomology learning about the following orders:

Mecoptera
Trichoptera
Lipidoptera
Siphonaptera
Hymenoptera
Acari
Araneae
Scopionida
Solifugae

Then Monday evening we went to a meeting to learn the new format for record books.  As I begin to help the boys put together their books, you will hear more about this.  Let me just say that it is a hair-pulling event in the past.  In the end, record books are helpful so we go through the pain each year.  I hope these new changes and my blog will help us get it together this year.

Today we are had another Share the Fun practice.  We are hoping to work on props so it should be a fun evening!

Always trying to 'make the best better' even on those ordinary days!

No comments:

Post a Comment